The history of Koska reaches back to the beginning of the 1900’s when Mr. Haci Emin originated his work in a halva shop in Denizli… Halil Ibrahim Adil Dindar who followed his father’s profession came to Istanbul in 1930 with his sons and opened a shop in an area named Koska. In time, he became famous with the taste of his original halva and deserts. They were named as the Koska Halva Makers
because of their locality and registered this name as a brand.
Besides halva, Koska started to produce Turkish delights, jam and nougats in their Topkapi factory established in 1974. In 1983 the brothers Mumtaz and Nevzat Dindar, decided to maintain their activities in their modern facilities built in Merter under the name of KOSKA HELVACISI MERTER. Continuously increasing the variety and quality of their products at this facility, Koska moved to the Avcilar-Ambarli crossing premises built on an 11,000 square metre land with an 18.000m2 indoor facility towards the end of 1998, and still continue production there today.
Currently, the top management of Koska is the third generation, Chairman of the Board of Directors Nevzat Dindar. The children and nephews of Dindar are also working within the company as the fourth generation, and they are even forming plans for the future of their company with their grandchildren as the fifth generation.